Sacred Journey Fellowship
The Sacred Journey Fellowship provides two years of support including $15,000, coaching, a cohort experience, and workshops to interfaith leaders who demonstrate the power of interfaith cooperation to bridge deep divisions in America’s civic fabric.
The Sacred Journey Fellowship is dedicated to supporting the leadership development of our most outstanding and experienced members of Interfaith America’s Emerging Leaders Networks and those beyond our network. The fellowship will bring together a cohort of ten civically engaged leaders to support, inspire, and connect bridgebuilding efforts across various sectors. With the generous support of Fellowship in Prayer, we are dedicated to investing in the ongoing leadership development, and collaboration among this dynamic group of interfaith leaders.
Interfaith America will create spaces for these individuals to continue building their interfaith leadership skills while also harnessing the mutual power of their relationships toward achieving the common good. Through this program, and with the support of Fellowship in Prayer, the Fellows will engage in individual and collaborative projects that will offer interfaith solutions within their professional, social, and community networks.
All members of Interfaith America’s Emerging Network, made up of young professionals applying interfaith skills beyond higher education. Interfaith leaders beyond the Emerging Leaders Network dedicated to bridge building beyond higher education are also eligible to apply.
$15,000 in installments over the fellowship period.
April 15- June 16: Application Period
August 1, 2023 – February 2025: Fellowship Period
Priority will be given to applicants that promote Racial Equity through their projects, engage their community and are prepared to share their stories through our online platform.
Each fellow will be required to:
- Make leadership commitments at the beginning of the experience with goals for how they hope to grow and increase their leadership skills through the experience;
- Lead an individual and if they choose collaborative interfaith projects;
- Participate in an exclusive in person Sacred Journey Fellowship retreat and six virtual meetings with their cohort on topics such as civic leadership, media, coaching/training, and strategic planning.
- Submit a Final Report on the success of their project(s) and reflect on the ways that the fellowship impacted their growth and leadership development;
- Write at least one piece per year for Interfaith America the Magazine, sharing the stories of their work and inspiring others in the network and beyond;
- Provide one training or peer learning for fellow members of the Sacred Journey Fellowship and possibly for the greater Emerging Leaders Network.